October 2017 – March 2018
My dear Friends, I am pleased to share below updates on few completed and upcoming Plans & Projects for our Village..
- Deccan Fine Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd. in association with Village Panchayat, Parra successfully completed 5 consecutive years of Watermelon Cultivation Project. This year around 40 farmers grew watermelons in Parra. MLA Michael Lobo highly appreciated Deccan’s role in helping and guiding village farmers. Farmers said they had a bumper crop this year with yield of more than 10000 watermelons.
- The Panchayat has adopted a resolution to demolish the existing Panchayat Ghar as the building is not safe and is in a dilapidated state. A new building has been planned in the same place and in this regard talks are on with the government.
- The new Panchayat Ghar will have a provision for a hall to conduct gram sabhas, indoor games and also for a library,
- Presently the bins that are kept along the roadsides at a distance of 50 to 100 meters and are being filled with both wet and dry garbage. A circular has come from the Solid Waste Management Plant to send the waste in a segregated Hence, two Bins each of different colour i.e. Green/Blue for Wet waste and Black for dry waste will be placed.
- The Panchayat, currently receives only Rs. 1 lakh from the government which is only sufficient for weekly collection of plastic waste carried out on every Sunday for remaining days of the week we are supported by Swachh Parra mission of Calangute MLA Michael Lobo.
- Panchayat members of each ward will distribute leaflets creating awareness on how to segregate garbage and if required demonstration will held to educate people.
- Garbage is being lifted twice a day, in the morning and afternoon including Sundays.
- Maintenance of LED lights installed will be carried out by the company that has installed them, any complaints may be logged on this website or inform respective ward member.
- Paddy Harvesters for Parra Village farmers has been once again provided for free as in the last 6 years by our MLA Mr. Michael Lobo
- Would like to Thank Syngenta / Deccan Fine chemicals for providing Panchayat with free Garbage bags for the last 2 years and for supporting farmers from Parra for last 4 years with Watermelon seeds, Pesticides and fertilizers, our farmers produced good yield this season.
- We strongly believe country progresses when it’s women progress, to continue the Vision of our honorable PM Mr. Narendra Modi of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao our MLA will soon take it a step ahead with his own vision Beti Padhao, Aage Badhao to empower women with knowledge of computer education which has become a necessity in every sphere of life today.
- Parra Citizens Forum Association has agreed to sponsor students from our Panchayat area for the Computer Education Course. Please contact your respective ward member or me for further details to enroll for the same.
- In order to assist Senior Citizens, suffering from any of the age related issues Low vision, Hearing impairment, Loss of teeth and Locomotor disability, Parra Panchayat Sarpanch and members distributed Wheel Chairs, Walking Sticks, Crutches, Walkers, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc to Senior Citizens from Parra Village under the “Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana”
Mrs. Delilah Lobo
Village Panchayat Parra